10/27/08

SOAR 2008 part 3


The Power Trio at the spin-in.

Carol and Jennifer are really splendid in these colors, don't you think?

Here Denny approaches the tricky Dino with her trusty hammer cheered on by Beth and Anne, who finally snatches a minute to join us.


I can't tell, but I think Abby is singing. What do you think?

Class samples from the review.


More class samples from the workshop review.


This is Charlene. She is the bravest person I know. She has ripped this sweater back at least 3 times. She was doing it there in front of all of us. I don't mean a row. She ripped it right back - a sweater's worth. Her yarn maintained integrity and it is now finished. She makes me have a little courage with my knitting problems. She makes me want to rip a project back to the cast on row right now and fulfill my knitting dreams. Charlene is my hero.


Here is Nancy Bush in the 3 day Estonian Lace with Judith MacKenzie McCuin.


Fiberguy and his friend Jodie from our home guild. She ties for second most SOARs.


Our friend Jeane stopped by to drop off some yarn at Carolina Homespun. She has lots of new colors. We used her yarn for Vivian Hoxbro's class and she liked it too. It is perfect for her patterns.


Wormspit was examining Jeannine's spendid bands during a demo of his band weaving setup.


And this is Elizabeth. She learned to spin cotton from the seed in under 1 minute and proceeded to spin a bag of it. She has amazing natural talent. Did I mention she was a SOAR virgin? She fit right in.

And I made the big 20,000 on my blog counter today, woohoo! Thanks all.

More to come on SOAR.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have the best SOAR posts I've read! Congrats on your 20k!

Anonymous said...

Please say hi to Jodie for me. I miss her heaps.

So nice to see photos of people I would love to visit with again (or in real life instead of online).

Thanks for all the images.

Charlene said...

So good to see these pictures! And really glad you're blogging again.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting all the awesome photos! What a fabulous week!