6/6/09

New Kittens slow my knitting

Meet Lydia. Tiny new kitten. 1 lb 13 oz when we got her last week. Sweet and fast. The second pic shows a pen for scale but is blurred by her fast movement. She is about twice the size of her little sister.


Meet Mai Mai. Devil cat. So tiny she fits in a teacup. 1 lb 3 oz when we got her.

Neither cat can meow, they still just squeak a little. Play is furious for 3 two hour sessions a day followed by collapse.

And, of course, all kittens need toys. This is just after play has ended. Mayhem.


Some knitting happens during sleep. This is the last row of Aeolian.
I am really wanting to work on Mara, but that is too attractive right now for them. Cats like Shetland.
Goddess Knits Anniversary Mystery shawl is so nice. But Zephyr yarn is easy to bite through.

So I shall be even slower than normal but happily playing with my new distractions. Today I shall introduce them to the looms and see what happens.

13 comments:

Paper Tiger said...

ZOMG YOU GOT KEETENZ!!

They are so impossibly cute.

Maia said...

The kittens are so cute and tiny!

Your Aeolian is looking beautiful! I hope you have a safe place to block it.

Spindlers2 said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely! Kittens are the best, even when they are the worst....if you see what I mean :D

Carol

Kym said...

have the same cute "problem" you have! My kitten looks exactly like yours! She's five weeks old!
We're working on the same Mystery Anniversary Shawl too!Good luck with your kitten and your knitting!

Amy Norris said...

oh, Phreadde! I'm envious....and also not really. Been there, done that. Will probably do it again. My cats know, more or less, the word "MINE" in a firm tone which distinguishes my stringy things from cat toys. Of course, I'm not going to admit how long it's taken to get this far...nor how often they choose to ignore me! Have a great time with the little ones.

Juno said...

Such a pain in the ass. So adorable. (repeat to myself: Moxie hates company, Moxie hates company, Moxie hates company)

Deborah Robson said...

Very irresistible.

You could knit shopping bags from hard-spun nylon string or something for a while. . . . Sounds less than appealing to me, too. . . .

valerieyoung said...

Hi, Phredde! Boy, aren't kittens fun! Your life won't be boring for a long time! My cat usually leaves my stuff alone, but my Sheltie has a definite fondness for things that smell sheepy!
I'm working at getting my knitting and spinning going. Am doing Sock Summit and SOAR, so I should be getting more talented by the end of the year. Glad to see you back online!
(Blogless) Valerie Young

Charlene said...

Ohhh.

I think I may need kittens. Kittens that stay away from beads...

Myriam said...

Elle est adorable!

heidi said...

how totally adorable:)

absolutely worth slowing down your knitting for a while just to watch them play around:)

Lisa said...

Gah, my head just exploded from cuteness overload!!

Anonymous said...

GAH! They are SO cute! I may need to take another couple of years before I can stand having a kitten in the house again - I finally just got mine trained.