12/10/04

Remembering Tricks

Isn't the web wonderful? You go and search for some technique that is driving you crazy. In this case, I was having problems with a circular cast-on for machine knitting. Anyway, I am out and about hitting lots of good info, but none to solve my dropped stitch problem and I run across this juicy site. She has great hints and lots of fun things, but mostly she has this join (Russian Join). Gee, I knew this yarn join 10 years ago. What happened to that knowledge? Why did I forget and stop using it?

I am knitting a sock with some really fat yarn that was naturally dyed by my guild. It is Tomato Vine, Madder and Chamisa. And though it is a basic stripe, I forgot how to make a smooth join in big yarn. I didn't want ends. I spliced several different ways, but got nothing but little ends hanging out. Then I see this site and remember why I thought it was the perfect join in the first place. It is like an old friend coming home. I will have to carry a needle with me, but that isn't so hard to get the join I want in this sock.

Thank you web fairies for bringing back this lovely trick for me to enjoy.


The socks in Tomato Vine, Madder and Chimisa. Posted by Hello


The yarn is logwood=purple, cochinille=rose and purple plum leaves=green. Posted by Hello

No comments: